Monday, December 30, 2013

Patchwork This and That - Part 2

Good Morning Crafties!
Mama LoveBug here to continue one of my favorite techniques -
making patchwork paper designs

In my previous post Patchwork Part 1 I used a SU top note die; for this one I'll share a Sizzix fan die and a Sizzix bow.

Let me start with the finished project using LBC Simply Sheer Ribbon from our online store HERE:


Just as I created the card from the last post - I used Kathy Davis paper cut at 5 1/2 x 7 with a band across the top onto which I stamped the sentiment.  Then I created a patchwork fan using the Sizzix fan.


For purposes of demonstration, I am showing a similar fan to the one I made for this card - this one used blues and purples.  I punched out 12 squares of KD paper and layered them onto a piece of Kraft paper, ran it through my Big Kick with the Sizzix fan die and created this.

Next I used a Sherri Baldy Bestie for my image, and finished her off with a LoveBug Creations Simple Sheer bow, slipped the fan under the top of the card's band, and was good to go for another b-day card.


I really love the LBC Simply Sheer Ribbon for that just right touch of elegance!!  Lastly, here's a pic of sample patchwork creations - the bow, the fan, and the top note.  


Remember, no matter how you rumple your ribbon and piece your paper, 
have fun with it..........cyberhugs...........Mama LoveBug.


Photobucket



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your techniques!

Lovebug Creations said...

Love this!!! It's super pretty and what a fun way to showcase all the pretty papers!!!

xoxo
Kim

Stephanie Eaken said...

Beautiful colors and card! Happy New Year!