Sunday, December 29, 2013

Patchwork This and That - Part 1

Good Morning, Crafties.
Mama Lovebug here to share a favorite technique - making patchwork paper designs.

I'll start with a finished product and explain how I created this using Mama's Mesh today from our online store HERE:


For the card base I used Kathy Davis paper (my fav) - love all the colors but for this one I used blue - it's cut at 5 1/2 by 7 - a small strip was used as a band for the top with a stamped sentiment.

Now for the patchwork - I used a SU square punch but you can use any shape you want - I punched out about 12 squares and layered them onto a piece of Kraft paper.  Then I ran the paper through my Big Kick with SU top note die and here's what that looked like.


I colored a sweet digi vintage girl Tiddly Inks image and added some LoveBug Creations Mama's Mesh across the top note patchwork for texture and fun, adhered my vintage gal with pop dots, slipped the top note under the band, and the card was finished - ready to send to a birthday gal!


As the post implies, there is a Part 2 - so join me tomorrow for that.........

Remember, no matter how you rumple your ribbon and piece your paper, 
have fun with it...........cyberhugs.......Mama LoveBug


Photobucket

No comments: