Sunday, January 1, 2012

Paper Piecings By Nikki DT Offering - It's Monday - Birthday Card



Paper Piecings by Nikki has a dynamite new collection called Super Plumbing Brothers Set - It's Mario Time and you can find this at Nikki's store located at  http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com

Mama LoveBug had to have this pattern set because there's little lovebugs who are huge fans of M and L.  With that in mind today's DT project is "make a card" - so that's what I did.  After printing off and fussy cutting the pattern I used some red grain SU paper for layer one and added a candy background paper as layer two.  Spellbinders Fancy Label was cut and hand stamped with the sentiment - make a wish (a big one).  That stamp was from Wal-Mart ($1).  What's a birthday without a cake - Big Kicked a Sizzix Birthday Cake and ran it through a dotted-Swiss embossing folder for some added texture. Of course, I couldn't end before adding a stickle or two or twelve (I heart Stickles).

Remember, no matter how you piece your paper, have fun with it!

Hope you liked my project - I always adore comments..........cyberhugs.........Mama LoveBug

Photobucket

1 comment:

Brenda said...

how cute!!! I need to learn to fussy cut...
hugs
Brenda