Friday, May 11, 2012

A Mother's Heart Is A Patchwork of Love Blog Hop - Day 1


Welcome to A Mother's Heart Is A Patchwork of Love Blog Hop (2 Days With New Projects Each Day)

Pam aka Mama LoveBug from LoveBug Creations welcomes you to our site on this tribute to Mother's Day. Our projects today and tomorrow will showcase different "crafty" ways to demonstrate a Mother's Love and to that end we welcome you to be our guest at each blog spot.
Our hostess, Lisa, has rounded up some amazing sponsors and gifts to be won; for more details, check her blog.
Please be sure to leave some love at each blog stop in order to be in the running for treats from:


Getting Cricky With K Andrew http://www.gettingcricky.com/
Paper Piecings By Nikki http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/
The Scrapbooking Queens Royal Castle Shoppe http://www.thescrapbookingqueen-royalshoppe.blogspot.com/
Bear Hugs Designs http://artandscraps.com/

The line up of amazing crafters is as follows:


For my project I wanted to highlight two aspects of the patchwork of love I have for my mother, Phyllis, who will be 90 years old next month and is affectionately known in our house as GG (great-grandma)!  Wow, what a milestone for her!!



#1 - Whenever mom came to visit us, we’d present her with all kinds of mending projects as she loved to sew, and quite frankly, if they stop making safety pins, I’m in big trouble…………Mom’s love was in every stitch………so here’s to the element of            
SEWING!!

Recipe -
*Loralie Designs Art Stamp that I stamped, embossed, and colored
*Sewing stamps which I embossed and fussy cut
*Mambo cardstock that I fashioned into a pocket card for base and insert
*Pink By Design sentiments and Spellbinder label die for the center of the base
*Crimper and corner rounder
*Lots of love

#2 - Whenever my mom came to visit us, she would literally take over the kitchen.  My husband and our girls looked forward to all her homemade treats and dynamite full-course meals.  Before I retired two years ago, I was a teacher who lived 25 miles away from my school, so I spent a lot of time in the car.  By the time I got home, one of the last things I took any joy from was preparing dinner, but I did it – not with a great deal of relish, BUT when mom was there, I’d find the table set and a gem-of-a-meal prepared for us………Mom’s love was in every bite…….so here’s to the element of COOKING and BAKING!!


Recipe -
*La-La Land Marci baker digi which I printed off and colored, then fussy cut
*Pink By Design sentiment
*Mambo cardstock that I fashioned into a pocket card for base and insert - the spatula, spoon, and banner were cut from this Mambo cardstock
*Crimper and corner rounder
*Lots of love

My mom is my best supporter, cheerleader, confessor, and sympathizer.  She is the essence of A Mother's Heart Is A Patchwork of Love...........

Thanks for stopping by and remember, no matter how you piece your paper, have fun with it.  Come back tomorrow for a new project! Don't forget to drop me some love and become a follower if you're not!  Next stop on the hop is Jessi - http://mylifeinartscrafts.blogspot.com/ 

Photobucket

19 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Cute cards!

Shawnee said...

Very cute projects.

"Midge" said...

So adorable!
TFS
Midge :)
midge@emcitydotnet
scrappintoxicmidgedotblogspotdotcom

Esther said...

Super cute, both of them!!!!

Unknown said...

super cute cards!
<3 Pam
MzLavr2sCreations@live.com

CREATE OUT LOUD said...

i love to bake with my mom toooo
Id like to win some stamp sets i love stamping

Migdalia said...

AWESOME!!!You did an AMAZING job!!!TFS...Great Blog Hop!
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com
mrodriguez860@hotmail.com

Anita Braddock said...

Super Darn Cute love the patterns and the Lady is supper cool. The little cook is soo cute love the papers and the colors. thanks for sharing

mamawcindy said...

So Cute! Love the Baker Card! Thanks for Sharing! :0)

Carla said...

I love the little baker she's adorable. Thanks so much for sharing.


racincrafts at aim dot com

jennyplace2 said...

Super cute card and I love the way you spoke of your Mom. TFS!

Sugarlips said...

Both cards are adorable. You did a fabulous job.

:)
I'm a new email follower.

Lovebug Creations said...

WOW Mom!!! I don't know what I love more...your adorable cards or the memories you shared of GG! I could go for some homemade sauce and meatballs now!!! Great job!!!

xoxo
Kim

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

really contemporary and great illustrations that you seemed to want to portray ! totally FUN ! TY for sharing ;)
faithhopecherrytea at*gmail.*com

Cely said...

Love these! I'm loving the pink and green color combo. And I love your cooking project too! Love mom's cooking! it was nice hopping with you! and I'm your newest follower. :)

rlovew said...

Fabulous cards! So creative and I love that they really fit the person you are making them for.

Unknown said...

Such personalized cards for your Momma. with my mom living with me, she drives me absolutely nuts sometimes but i wouldn't trade it for the world. WE need our mommas

Maria said...

Super cute projects! TFS

Unknown said...

Way cute and fun projects! I am a little late getting to this blog hop but.... better late than never right??? THanks for sharing my dear, love it:)
{love love}
Scrappin' Madge