Friday, May 11, 2012

Paper Hoarders DT Offering - Mother's Day

Welcome to a Paper Hoarder's DT Day!  Our marvelous PH guru- Tanya - has pictures of the DT offerings on her blog at http://scrappinkymomma.blogspot.com/ so please check them out and drop a love note for each designer!

For my (Kimi) project I wanted to make something springy as a gift for my mom for Mother's Day! I found a cool tutorial on the DCWV YouTube page for a fun wreath and ran with it. I changed a few things and I love how it turned out! Hope Mama LoveBug Loves it as much!
Here's a picture of it hanging..well as best as I could! Just moved and I don't have a wreath hanger thing on my front door yet! So I hung it on the outside of my craft closet! :)

Photo of it laying down!

Close up of the flowers!

I have 4 children so I made I flower for each one! My oldest daughter is the purple, my two middle children are boy & girl and only 14 months apart and then the little purple for my baby girl! Each flower is as different as each of the kiddos! I figured it was a great way to incorporate them into this project!! :) Now keep scrolling down to check out Mama's awesome project!!! :)


This offering was set to be either spring or Mother's Day - our choice, so Mama LoveBug decided to get in the Mother's Day spirit with a pocket card for her daughters who are mothers - Melissa and Kimberly.

I took a darling La-La Land Marci digi and colored her using my watercolor pencils and gel pens.  I used Stickles for highlights and added some gems, Pink By Design sentiment, and SU butterfly punch for embellies.  The old crimper came out as well as the corner chomper to give a softer appearance.  The cardstock was K and Company double-sided paper.  Hope you visit the other DT offerings today and are inspired to try your hand at designing a sweet card for any Mother in your life.  Come back tomorrow for a Patchwork of Love Blog Hop which will feature a 2-day Mother's Celebration.






Photobucket

3 comments:

Christy said...

That card is so very cute! Love the image. The wreath still blows my mind!!

Migdalia said...

Beautiful card!Love this image!TFS

Anonymous said...

Kimi! Your wreath is absolutely beautiful and I know mom loved it! and Mom... your pocket cards are just beautiful! you both are an inspiration to me and very special people in my life. God bless you both and I wish you both a very happy mother's day! Love ya!