Saturday, February 23, 2013

CT LoveBug Creations March Holidays Blog Hop

Welcome to the very first blog hop of the Creative Team of LoveBug Creations. Our theme for this two-day hop is March Holidays as March 2013 has both St. Patrick's Day and Easter as that month's biggie events, BUT there are others as well so get prepared to be amazed as to what's happening in March.  This hop will feature the newest LBC Rumple Ribbon Collection for spring with gorgeous splashes of color to inspire crafties no matter how you use ribbon or for what occasion.

Before the creative team parade begins, there's a few things you need to know:
1. All the new colors of Rumple Ribbon will be available for purchase starting February 24 (Sunday) at The LBC Online Store.
2. All these gorgeous colors will be showcased at the various hop spots............so settle back and enjoy the parade of creative minds as you hop this weekend.

Just in case you get lost, here's the complete LBC CT line up:

Christine http://scarletcalliope.wordpress.com/

Mama LoveBug is up first - my Rumple Ribbon project actually shows off two new colors - Oh Darling and Gentleman's Jacket - On The Edge Collection; I fashioned a double bow for an Easter project - it's a double-sided stand-up card.  The digi stamp is a Sherri Baldy Besties Easter gal. There was a whole lot of fussy cutting here along with water color penciling and gel-pen/Stickles enhancements.  My Easter gal, Rumplelena, could be given as a card or be used as a centerpiece for an Easter table decoration.

 
HI EVERYONE!!!!
Kimi here and I am so thrilled you are joining us today!! The Team has put together some amazing projects so make sure you stop at all the blogs on the hop!!!
For my project I wanted to make a center step card! I know you've seen these before but I've never made one! Wow...I may be addicted! Super easy and I love how it turned out! Here it is:
"May you find treasure at the end of the Rainbow"
I made the rainbow out of...what else...Rumple Ribbons! I so love how it turned out!!!
Here's the colors I used -
Red: Christmas Present
Orange: Autumn Spice
Yellow: Sunflower
Green: Green Leaves
Blue: Icy Sky
Purple: Sugar Plum
 
The paper is from a spring DCWV Stack I've had for years!! The little images on the "coins" I found online and the sentiment is computer generated! Hope you like my card and it inspires you to try something new!!!
 
Blog Candy Alert for USA residents - The Winner will receive a choice of 2 colors from the newly released collection. In order to be eligible you must
1. Become a fan of each CT designer
2. Leave a love note at each blog hop spot
This winner along with the winner from our sneak peekaboo week will be announced Monday morning on the Lovebug Creations Blog!!!

Remember, no matter how you piece your paper and rumple your ribbon, have fun with it.........cyberhugs from Kimi and Mama LoveBug

Next let's see what Ellen has fashioned with Rumple Ribbon



Photobucket

20 comments:

Lovebug Creations said...

Oh Mama Lovebug... Your little Rumplena is too cute for words! The double Edged bow looks fabulous on her!!! Thanks for being a part of the team!!! Your talent amazes me time and time again!!!! Love you!!! ♥

xoxo
Kim

Kim Ricketts said...

too too cute!! Your projects are always adorable!

Kim :)

An'Jenic G. said...

I just love how Mama LoveBug used the image and the rumple ribbon. I'm so ready for Easter now. Cute Mama

Oh Kimi look at your rainbow. I would love to see whats at the end of this rainbow. Beautiful card creation. TFS AJ-

Tanya said...

LOVE the projects!! Creativity and inspiration are definitely flowing!!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Anonymous said...

How adorable are these two cards! I love that little Easter girl and that cute ribbon you put around her waste! Kimi, love that rainbow! Bright idea!!

Love you both!

Anonymous said...

Wow. You both did amazing jobs!!!! That rainbow is spectacular! I love how the glitter accents her! The ribbon bow is perfectly matching the ribbon on her shoes So cute!!!

dawnmercedes said...

Oooh, I LOVE the rainbow...it's spring anyway you look at it!!

Pamela Lash said...

Kimi - wow, what a beautiful center step card and the ribbons for the rainbow are dazzling! Thanks for letting me play along today!! xoxoxo, Mama LoveBug

Unknown said...

Adorable!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE Sherri Baldy Besties :-) That rainbow is beautiful and so creative. Great inspiration!!!!! Woo hoo

Scrap Your Story said...

Oh these are cuuute!! Fabulous job ladies :)

Christy said...

Well I made it halfway through the hop before I realized I was logged in under my challenge blog's acct. WHOOPS! That's me though ... first half Scrap YOur Story...second half of the comments Christy. DOH LOL

Unknown said...

gorgeous work everyone!! love it

Ellen Jarvis said...

Sooooooo nicely done, Mamabug and Kimi. With a name like Rumplena, that little Bestie could well be the CT's mascot! And Kimi, your rainbow is da bomb!!

Thank you for coordianating this delightful hop!

Fondly,
Ellen (CardMonkey)

dawnmercedes said...

I scrolled too fast and only saw the rainbow. That Easter image is awfully sweet...especially with added ribbon!

Anonymous said...

Girls! I love what you've made. Rumplena is adorable and I love the rainbow, I never would have thought of doing that and it's gorgeous!

Sarah Biswabic said...

Two very adorable projects!

morentin1326 said...

awesome creation...

Vickie said...

that would make an adorable centerpice.

I love the way you used the ribbon to make a rainbow.

Awesome projects.

Unknown said...

Wow, rumple ribbon what a clever name. Sounds like I need to investigate this. Thanks for sharing your card.