Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Christmas in July Blog Hop



Welcome to “Christmas In July” Blog Hop! So glad you can join us!

If you are coming from SARAH, then you are in the right spot. If you just happened to stumble upon my site or your reading this via e-mail, please start at MIRANDA'S BLOG so you don’t miss anyone’s amazing projects!

Have you started on your Christmas Cards and/or your Christmas Decor yet?  Well we will be showcasing some Christmas projects to help you get in the mood! In addition to seeing some awesome projects, there is some blog candy available too!  Miranda will be giving away a Michael's or JoAnn's gift card.  Winner's choice!  To be eligible to win the blog candy, you must leave a comment on each stop in the hop telling us what is your favorite summer time activity!  Be sure to leave a comment on each stop because the winner can be chosen from any of the participants blogs!

Have you ever bought crafting supplies with the greatest intentions of actually using them?  Well, I have a mountain of stuff that’s just waiting for me to crack open the packing and dive right in.


With that confession, I decided to design a Christmas card with some things I've never used and with non-traditional colors as well as traditional elements.  



I cut and embossed two different blue cardstock pieces; next I used the beveled window pane and snowflakes to create a snowman stamped and colored image peeking out of the card.  This was my first attempt with this idea:








*SU Snow Much Fun Stamp - stamped and colored w/SU markers
*SU beveled window pane and snowflakes
*SU 1 ¾ “ punch
*SU cardstock – 2 shades of blue
*SU finial press embossing folder
*LBC Fun Footz - Polka Dot Parade  HERE
*LBC Rumple Ribbon – Simply Red
*LBC Mama’s Mesh – Ocean Blue
*Glitter gems – red, white, blue
*Banner punch and SU sentiment – Holiday Wishes Peace, Joy, Love
*Inside sentiment – hope your Christmas is snow much fun


Here is the entire line up, should you get lost along the way: 

Remember, no matter how you piece your paper and rumple your ribbon, have fun with it.................cyberhugs.........Mama LoveBug

Your next stop is NADJA

Photobucket

26 comments:

Miranda said...

Yes, I seem to have the same problem. I have tons of things that I had to have and never use! Your shaker card is sooooo adorable! Thanks so much for being a part of the hop! Miranda :)

Beth F. said...

Ooooo, I love your shaker card! It is so pretty!
Beth
Beth's Beauties

Patti Ross said...

EEEEK!!! This is beautiful, I love the shaker card!! You always have the most inspirational projects. I can't wait to get in the studio today!

Patti Ross
Jprossfam@gmail.com
Pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

Sarah Biswabic said...

What an adorable shaker card Pam! Thanks for being in the hop with me.

Unknown said...

Love your "non-traditional" holiday card!!! Love the window!

Mary Ann said...

Love your card,Very Pretty!!!

Camille Short said...

Grand idea! I need to make more shaker cards.

Favorite summertime activity - always torn between sitting in my craft chair and sitting on my patio with a cool drink in hand!

Becky said...

Oh my gosh, this is too cool! I love the shaker part! My favorite summer activity is playing tennis. :)

Donna K said...

Such a pretty shaker card! Love the "non-traditional" colors you chose as well! Very sweet.

I'm a summer girl...love hanging out at the beach!
~Donna K

Unknown said...

Pretty card

Marianne B in AZ said...

Beautiful card! I love all of the texture. I love to play with paper in the house where it is cool in the summer.

Unknown said...

This card is amazing. I love it! My favorite summertime activity is being on our boat in the lake. I love watching my 4 1/2 year old jumping into the water! :)

Dorothy
http://scraphappyinohio.blogspot.com

Josie0602 said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and the design!

Unknown said...

Great Card. I love all the different blues used and the snowman is so cute.

Lovebug Creations said...

Love your shaker card, Mom!! Too cute!! And the Rumple Ribbon and Mesh just make it all come together sooo nicely!!

Great job!
xoxo
Kim

Marilyn said...

Awesome card! Love the embossing

mimicaro9650 at yahoo dot com
http://whodatscrapper.blogspot.com

Marilyn said...

Sorry forgot to leave my favorite summertime activity in the comment. It is going to the beach in Florida

mimicaro9650 at yahoo dot com
http://whodatscrapper.blogspot.com

Sue D said...

Very festive colors!
My favorite summer activity is gardening.

Stephanie Eaken said...

What a fantastic card! Love the shaker box!! And the Mam's mesh looks great!

dawnmercedes said...

I love how the Simply Red plays off of the cool blues. Amazingly cool card! lol...way to go!

marg0006 said...

Such a cute shaker card. Have been wanting to make one.

marg0006 at Verizon dot net

D- said...

I love your wonderful snowman card. Very cute. TFS.
Oh yes I have a ton and a half of crafting goodies just waiting to be used.
My favorite summer activity is to go to the zoo.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love this card . I love the many ribbons you used.

Janis said...

I have trying to do the same thing lately....get out of my comfort zone and use what's in my stash that seems to never get grabbed. Love your card!

My favorite summer activity is working in my garden and eating the fresh veggies I grow!!
<3 J

Unknown said...

cute!

Unknown said...

I love the Santa peeking out of the window, it looks so cute!

Great job, Mama LoveBug!

<3