Monday, February 27, 2012

Paper Piecings by Nikki DT Offering- We Love Our Troops


Good Monday Morning, Crafty Friends! What a lovely sunny day it is in NW Ohio! It’s the kind of day that makes one happy to be alive and fortunate to be living in our glorious US! 

For today Mama LoveBug designed a pocket card in honor of our US troops who are returning from tours in foreign places – keeping the world safe for democracy!  Maybe that sounds a bit corny, but I don’t care – I appreciate all that these fine people do to protect and defend our freedom.  I don’t go to bed at night worried about invasion from foreign soil because of the sacrifices of others. When I think of a special spot in the US that represents the beacon of what America stands for, I automatically think of NYC and the Statue of Liberty; so with that in mind, I’ve chosen a paper pattern from Paper Piecings by Nikki called I Love NY, which can be found at the online store at http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/


The Big Apple had to have apple paper and fortunately for me, I had a piece from which I constructed the pocket card.  This was double-sided paper which was really lots of fun to use as I crimped an extra strip and adhered it to the border below the lip of the base card.  I had several Pink By Design Stamps to use for the sentiment – Welcome Home and We Love Our Troops.  For the insert I used the Statue of Liberty Bear, which I fussy cut and glitzed with gel pens. 



Remember, no matter how you piece your paper, have fun with it!

Hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by……..cyberhugs from Mama LoveBug!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Love the fuzzy cut and pen outline! We definitely need to show more to appreciate our troops! TFS!