Friday, February 3, 2012

Paper Piecings by Nikki DT Offering- Bear Valentine!

Happy Friday, Everyone!!! I am so happy to now be on Nikki's Design Team! She makes the absolute cutest paper piecings ever! If you would like to check out her store *and I think you should* Click HERE! You will be amazed at all her cute goodies! Plus she is having a sale from now until March 1st! :)

Now I was so excited to start I chose the Beary Beary Fun Set and got to work! I have NEVER actually pieced something myself...well something that wasn't a cricut cut that is. I picked one of the bears from the set and started by printing out the pieces. Then I fussy cut them all....inked them all up...and started putting it together. Now I know I put him together differently than how Nikki has him shown but that's one of the nice things about these... You can change them up and add to them to make them different every time! Now while I was working I discovered I lost the eyes....YIKES! Well I could have reprinted them but I decided instead to try some googly eyes. Turned out pretty cute I think! And of course I had to stickle his nose! :)

I used some heart ribbon from my stash. The cardstock was from a Valentine's Day pattern pack my mom got me last year and I'll be darned if I can recall where it was from! The little "I Love You" tag was from the paper stack. And to top it off.... I used the Animated Greetings Stamp Set from Pink By Design!! Since the sentiment was "You Make My Heart Thump" I had to add a little bling heart to my cute little bear!!! While it is a very simple card I hope you enjoy it! I had a lot of fun piecing this little bear together and I can't wait to do some more!



                                                                Bug Hugs,
                                                                Kimi

Photobucket

2 comments:

Pamela Lash said...

The piecing is great and those googly eyes really are a "crack me up"! Super job, Kim! xoxox Mom

Tanya said...

Awww.. how stinkin cute!! I just love that lil bear!! Great job!!