Thursday, August 8, 2013

Ellen's Masculine Mama's Mesh Card ♥

Hi there, fans of Lovebug Creations -- your favorite Monkey Bug (CardMonkey) here to redirect your attention to an "oldie but a goodie" -- Mama's Mesh!

This card is a bit on the masculine side, I think -- and I didn't want to "feminize" it with fantastic Rumple Ribbons. And Mama's Mesh looks a bit like a nautical fishing net to me, so I dug into my stash for this card. But I've only ordered it (so far!) in pink and powder blue for a baby shower project I'm working on -- and that won't do, so ...

Copic markers to the rescue!  I put the Mama's Mesh on a scratch piece of paper and went about scribbling my navy blue Copic onto the mesh. It took perfectly! I combined the mesh with embellishments and stamps from the Close To My Heart "Tommy" line of paper and Workshop On The Go stamps. (The WOTG stamps are now retired, but the paper is still available.)  The hemp is also from CTMH. 
 
Photobucket

4 comments:

Tanya said...

This is awesome and DOES look nautical!! How awesome!!

Pamela Lash said...

I echo Tanya - nautical it is and very clever idea on using markers when you're in a pinch for just the right color...........TFS!...........Mama LoveBug

dawnmercedes said...

I like the design choices! way to go!

Unknown said...

Love the layout, colors and use of the mesh on this card!!!! PERFECT - I will be scraplifting it :-)