Sunday, August 5, 2012

Paper Piecings by Nikki DT Offering - Perpetual Calendar and Anniversary Safari

Good Monday, Crafties.  Today Mama LoveBug is sharing two projects - the first is an anniversary card I made using the new PPbN Untamed Love pattern collection.  So many great ways to use this collection!  I do not have a machine to easily cut out the pieces so I have to fussy cut the image.  Then I add gel pens and Stickles to add dimension to the image plus SU Dimensionals.  I had a set of rub-on mustaches to pick through as I thought the male safari bear needed to look "mature" for this card.  The paper I chose had a "wild animal" appeal as well to fit in with the theme of this design.

Here's the Jungle Love pocket card.  Notice that I gold-embossed "Together Forever", a sentiment from Pink By Design and did the same with a few "friends" of the jungle, the parrot and the tiger.  The paper for the base was also part of another collection from PPbN - can you guess what that is?



After I made the card I decided to use some of the characters from a "jungle love" stamps set by Inkadinkado and the safari bear to use for the cover of a perpetual calendar.  You can see there are some new critters there to keep the bear company.  The sentiment is You Color My World (also Pink By Design) as the parrot is the only jungle friend with color.

I hope you have a great day and spread a bit of sunshine with your crafting.  Everyone has a different style or "take" on using the patterns - remember, no matter how you piece your paper, have fun with it...........cyberhugs........Mama LoveBug

Photobucket

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Too stinkin cute!! You do such a great job with that piecing!!

Love ya...
Tanya