Thursday, August 30, 2012

1st Day of School~ PPbN DT Offering

Good Afternoon everyone!! As some of you may know my 2nd child (and only boy!) started school this week! Talk about nervous! He is in Kindergarten Readiness...Which if you aren't familiar with it, it's basically Kindergarten but all day 3 days a week instead of 5! Let me say this...Since he was born I haven't worked outside of the home. He's pretty much been right with me everyday for 5 years! It was super hard to watch him get on the bus Tuesday morning but I think I handled it pretty well!
I was so excited for him to start because I had a FABULOUS idea (which I originally saw on Pinterest) for a 1st day of school sign! I couldn't wait to start! I went to Michael's for all my supplies and just knew that the "Back to School Cutting File Set" from Paper Piecings by Nikki would be perfect! Her new fall patterns are all super cute so if you haven't checked them out yet you really should!!!
For the base of the frame I hit up the framing dept. and got a cardboard matting! Next I needed something to cover it with...What better then the "Grade School" and "Edumacation" stacks! Just perfect!! So I cut the background papers out and Mod Podge'd em on! Next I fussy cut all the cute PPbN Back to School Bears and figured out where to put them! The letters I made with the Alphalicious Cricut Cartridge and some primary colored paper! Next I cut some little banner pieces and the little book stack out of the paper collection! Then I took the apple from the PPbN set and fussy cut it. Ran it through my printer to add all the details about his 1st day! I popped everything up on dimensionals to give it a little added oomph! ;)  I hope you enjoy all the photos! Obviously the first 2 are my favorites! :)








 
I hope you enjoyed seeing my frame and my sweet little guy on his first day!!! Thanks for stopping by!!
 
Bug Hugs,
Kimi

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Frame! and what a cutie behind it! thanks for sharing =)
New follower too!

www.3crazymonkeys.com

~Angela~

Migdalia said...

LOL...this is too cute!Super Cute!TFS

Pamela Lash said...

This is my 4th attempt to post here - what's up today!! Darling frame and adorable Diego - love this project...xoxox.......Mom