Friday, December 9, 2011

Paper Piecings By Nikki DT Offering - Holday Card

Mama LoveBug is having a lot of fun with the Paper Piecings By Nikki as DT member, Pam.

Today I want to show you a holiday card I made using the doggy from the collection called 
Doggy Christmas, which you can find at Paper Piecings By Nikki at http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/

By the way in this collection you’ll find a doggy, doggy house, doggy tree, and a wreath so there’s lots to play with and Nikki is having a sale………..so check out this site as her piecings are “cuter than cartridges”!  Here’s my project:



I took the pattern and made a few additions to the doggy so he appears as a reindeer.  At least that’s what I was going for.  Again I used Kraft paper as the base layer and some red cardstock that I embossed for the next layer.  I ran the doggy image through my Big Shot using a Spellbinders cut, found a sweet sentiment and punched that out with my SU punch.  Next I added some embellies like the ribbon, big gumdrops, ribbon, candy cane and “antlers”, and some twine.  I finished off the doggie’s ears with swirls of Stickles. 

Again, you can use your imagination and create a unique (one-of-a-kind) card to give to a family member or friend.

Remember no matter how you piece your paper, have fun with it………cyberhugs from Mama LoveBug……….



Photobucket

1 comment:

Lovebug Creations said...

awww...he totally looks like a reindeer! Love this! Great job, Mom! :)

KIM