Friday, September 2, 2011

Paper Hoarders DT Offering - Back to School

Mama LoveBug is thrilled to be a teammate on the Paper Hoarders Design Team.  Tanya, our wonderful leader, has more to relate on her blog found at http://www.scrappinkymomma.blogspot.com/ concerning this project theme plus links to other paperhoarder projects.

For this first offering we were asked to create something for a "Back to School" theme.  As some of you know I was a high school teacher for 38 years, so I would have enjoyed a teacher plaque for my desk.  Too bad I wasn't into paper crafting then, but I moved into this hobby more or less after I retired.  I believe we all need a little appreciation and inspiration from time to time so this is why a memento like the framed teacher card would provide a "boost" to any teacher's desk or wall.  

Here's my project - Back to School (with a ruler)............


Recipe for this project
*Loralie Designs Art Stamp and several additional apples and pencils colored with watercolor pencils and glitter pens......then some fussy cutting
*Embossed green cardstock as first layer
*Apple patterned paper cut out with my Big Kick using SU Top Note die for second layer
*Apple patterned paper punched out with Notebook Punch and additional embellishments of red gems and two different colors of green bows for left side second layer
*Two 2 1/2" circles punched and offset using red fabric brad, red and white twine, and sentiment "An Apple for the Teacher" by Pink by Design for second top layer
*SU Dimensionals, red double-sided tape, and regular adhesive
*Frame from WalMart
*Lots of love

One could simply give this as a card instead of a plaque - the choice is yours.  Hope you enjoyed my project and hope this has encouraged you to add a deserving teacher into your crafting life!  Cyber hugs.......Mama LoveBug


Photobucket

11 comments:

Lovebug Creations said...

Love your plaque Mom!! Very cute...Those Loralie Designs Art Stamps are adorable!! Any teacher would love this on their desk! Great job on your 1st DT project! Can't wait to see what you make next! :)

Cricket's Daughter said...

Nice bright colors....TFS.
Sherry

Christy said...

Love the colors!!!

Judie said...

Hi Pam,
Great plaque, I'm sure the teacher will also.

Happy weekend
Judie

Tanya said...

What a GREAT project Pam!! Your plaque would make any teacher smile!! Thank you for being a part of our team!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Brenda said...

such a fun image sure made me giggle!!! lovin the colors!
hugs
Brenda

Anita said...

I love this----it is so cute.I am glad we are on this design team together.
Hugs, Anita

myself said...

very awesome and unique! great job and love the colors!

Cindi said...

what a fun project!! great job
:)

Anonymous said...

very cute Mom! I love that little digi and your unique coloring. Really gives it a different style and it's perfect for LBC!

Donna Lee said...

Really cute!