Friday, September 16, 2011

Paper Hoarders DT Offering - Fall Colors Project With Bling!

Wearable art is so much fun!  Here are my two projects – different uses of bling:



Spider Web Brooch





Reese's Pieces Brooch


These brooches are designed with a Paper Hoarders Team #1 theme of using any two fall colors – orange, brown, red, etc.  The amazing Tanya, our fearless leader, has all the DT projects posted on her blog, located at http://www.scrappinkymomma.blogspot.com/

The premise is to make anything except a layout using these principal colors for the project. Since the main element of this wearable art is paper, I chose a 12 x 12 sheet of Reese’s Pieces Candy Scrapbook Paper (brooch on top right) and a piece of Spider Web Scrapbook Paper (brooch on top left) from our local craft store and two 12 x 12 sheets of Core’dinations cardstock. I have a SU flower punch to make the blooms, some liquid adhesive, Modge Podge, Stickles, and lots of love. Throw in some bling and decorative centers and there you have the fall bling brooches. 

Each brooch has a jewelry fastener in the back (a pin) so one could wear these traditionally on a shirt, jacket, dress, or blouse.  They could also be worn on a purse, scarf, book bag/tote, or as a hair adornment.  A brooch could even be put on a chain and worn as a necklace. You could pin one each on cloth napkins for a fancy dinner event. Wearable art would certainly jazz up a gift package or gift bag as well. You’re only limited by your imagination. These two brooches will be posted on the LoveBug Creations FB business page (found on the left of this blog) along with all the others I’ve fashioned.

I also wanted to comment on the uniqueness of my brooches – unless requested by a customer (and I’ve had a few who want them the same), each brooch is a one-of-a-kind project; I like the idea of fashioning something that no one else has.  They truly are little treasures - real conversation starters. 

I hope you enjoyed my project and that you'll check out the other designers for Paper Hoarders; maybe you'll become a follower and/or leave LoveBug Creations a comment - we love feedback!  Cyber hugs..........Mama LoveBug







Photobucket

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I LOVE your brooches!! The colors and bling.. AWESOME!! I never saw reeses paper before.. very interesting!! Great job once again!! Thank you for being a PAPER HOARDER!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Donna Lee said...

These are wonderful! I have that punch and have never thought of making anything like this. You inspire me!

Anonymous said...

Love all the wearable art you create mom! these colors are just fabulous!

Lovebug Creations said...

Bee-you-tee-ful Mom!!! As always!! :) Love both of them!